Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bad Blogger!

Ok, I've been away a terribly long time......sorry lovely readers, between school and work and local theater stuff I've been too swamped to be irritated by bad manners. Wait, that's not really true! Anon!

The woman who had 8 babies:
Now, I believe in reproductive rights, and I think that everyone has the freedom to do what they want with their family. The fact that she is on welfare and lives at home with her mom would mean that she probably can't afford 14 children in total and I have heard her say that she loves the surge and attention of having babies b/c babies are great (which leads me to think she might be slightly mentally ill). But it is not the mom whom I am taking to task here.....I am taking her doctor to task. Implanting 6 embryos!!! Absolutely unacceptable and from what I know about standard infertility treatments, that is NOT what is the usual. Usually you have about 2 or 3 embryos implanted for the safety of the babies and the mother. What kind of doctor would agree to do this? Why is he not being scrutinized by the media? That is where our ire and focus should lie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This situation is so damn sad. So sad I hope the kids are taken away from her-all of them. And she needs some serious mental intervention.

And even my Sims characters know not to have 14 kids, for the love of Pete.