Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Has it really been this long?

In fact it has been so long that I am almost on the verge of the proverbial "close up shop." It has been a beast of a semester and now that I am both working full time and going to school full time I remember why I worked merely part time the first time around in college. Wow does this suck. Kudos to all of you who work, go to school, and have a family to raise because how the heck you do it, I don't know.

Anyway, now that the semester is almost over (1 final to go!) and I can breathe for a week, I present to you your first mannerly post in ages.

Woman at the testing center--where are your manners?
This woman insists on sounding REALLY put out if you call to try to arrange a testing time (for distance learning) and after having to call her all semester I am teetering on the verge asking her if maybe she didn't want to find a new job that did not wholly encompass scheduling people for testing. Please do not bitch at me when I am merely asking you to do your job. You don't have to be my best friend, just schedule me.
Also, when I come in to take the test, and you send me off to the remote testing room of your choice (Bio lab!) please do not come in and LOUDLY rearrange the room. It is not your job to actually proctor the test, but I don't even mind your presence, however, perhaps read a magazine or book while you proctor me? Please do not try to accomplish the absolute loudest possible feats of imagination. This woman was literally disassembling a skeleton (fake) and slamming every bone down on the lab table. Then loudly huffing and the job and throwing it all, bone by bone, into a suitcase. No lie. I wish I had a picture of the skeleton in the suitcase but alas, I do not.

How has everyone else been lo these past months? Run into any manner-beasts?

No comments: