Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Now for a Personal Question


Some of you out in the world are fashion-minded and I would appreciate your help. I have set my sights on a Claire McCardell dress (pictured) from the 40s. Now, I know that usually McCardell pieces are museum pieces, obviously this number is not nice enough to be a museum piece or it would have been snatched up already. However, the question remains...is it too nice for me to be wearing out and about town? You know that "too precious to wear so it hangs in your closet because you are ridiculous and don't want to damage it through use so you damage it through the moths in your wardrobe" type of "too nice."

The dress's lines are a bit old-fashioned but I think it is a very sweet little number and a Claire McCardell to boot, a designer I have always loved and adored. Anyway, please offer opinions in the comments...I need them!

1 comment:

Hadley Makes said...

Hey there! I just saw your comment offering to test knit Beatrice. Silly Blogger never notified me. Sigh. Thank you, at any rate, for both the comment and the offer.

Regarding the dress: darling, and sure to be flattering on a real person, too. The lines are old fashioned, but that's part of the charm, for sure.