Sunday, July 12, 2009

Waaaah, Why Won't He Marry Me?!?!


Ok, this isn't really related to manners, but I'm cranky and this irritated me so I decided who better to foist my irritation upon than the internet?

In my Sunday morning watching of crap TV while I eat breakfast, I'm watching "Moving Up" a show where old owners of houses go back and trash the new owners' taste. It is truly a terrible show, I don't even know why I watch it, other than to see how people react, but anyway, moving on to the quote above...

There is this woman who is moving to Newport, RI and the first words out of her mouth were "I don't know why he won't marry me???? We've been dating for 15 years and after 10 years when I started talking about marriage and kids--he bought me a dog." She goes on to say that she is moving to entice her boyfriend to marry her and that she will decorate to his accord so that he'll marry her.

Well readers, she is one of those people that you can't even get all angry and feminist to because she is so sad and pathetic you just want to hug her, take her out for drinks, and explain why she should move on and he will never marry her. Or buy her a copy of "He's just not that into you." I wanted to reach through the television to just give her a wake-up call even though I know she'll be that woman who is never happy and never has a fulfilled life the way she wants to have it because this guy is not for her. I'd also like to scream at her that a woman doesn't need marriage and that she should move for her, decorate for herself, and live her own life, but you know, even I have a soft spot.

No comments: